Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Get a Sun-Less Sun-Kissed Tan

So it’s Ramadan now and we haven't seen the sun in a while in Dubai. With the Eid holidays just around the corner, I really can’t afford to travel to Ibiza next week looking pale. After all, looking pale in Dubai is quite uncommon especially as I live right on the beach! Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of frying in the sun as skin care and SPF are extremely important to me but I like to have a moderate sun-kissed glow when I go on an Island escape. It simply looks better.

I've tried the spray tan in the past, and let me tell you I do not recommend! I was left looking like a faded cheetah for 10 days - not pretty. So I ventured into the world of tinted moisturizers looking for an easy fix. Something you need to note about self-tanners is that they don't smell good. They have a strong chemical scent that lingers on until you shower. So I sniff tested all the products I could find until I came across Piz Buin's Self-Tanning Lotion. It did not completely pass my sniff test but the smell was tolerable.

I exfoliated in the morning, got into my black shorts to avoid color transfer and applied an even coat all over my legs and a thin layer to my arms. I had to wash my hands thoroughly to avoid getting streaks on my palms. I annoyingly had to also wait for an hour avoiding contact with clothes, sheets and furniture but it was all well worth it at the end. Within a few hours I could already see a difference. My skin was bronzer and I didn’t have to microwave myself in the sun to achieve this glow.

I'm planning to do another touch-up a few days before my vacation to deepen the color. You can find this product in tube and spray forms. I tried them both and there is no performance difference. I recommend you go for the tube as it is easier to apply. The spray intuitively sounds more convenient but spreads the product all over the floor so stick to the tube. It costs about AED36 (around $10) and is available in most major pharmacies and supermarkets.

No comments:

Post a Comment