Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Perfection from Finger to Toe

Your hands say a lot about you and how well you take care of yourself as a man or woman. It’s also a window to your age, as your hands always age faster than your face. By default we tend to take care of our faces more (rightfully so) but tend to forget the importance of taking care of our hands & nails (they are just as visible!) - and this is why I have decided to post my first blog all about nail care.
 
I'm obsessed about nail treatments and have tried it all - started with Acrylic about 11 years ago, moved to Gel, then tried Silk, moving on to Bio & then to Lavender base and finally got to the very best - "Gelish". Ladies, if you want to have a longer lasting manicure, but are not interested in nail enhancements, this is one to try! It takes as long as a manicure, but lasts for atleast 3 weeks and looks completely natural.

I booked my appointment at the Nbar and wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. I picked my color first, just like any other nail polish brand, and then started my treatment. Nothing different than a regular manicure, except my therapist dried my polish under the UV light vs a regular air dryer. My manicure lasted 3 weeks while my pedicure lasted 4 weeks. To remove the Gelish, I had to take an appointment back with them, which was the only downside vs a regular manicure. She soaked my fingers in what seemed to be a special nail polish remover and scrapped them off after 10 mins. My nails were a bit dry for a week, but I made sure I applied cuticle oil every day to get them back in shape. Nonetheless, I highly recommend this nail enhancement treatment especially as Eid holidays are approaching and chipped nails could put a damper on your vacation mood!

The main/pedi combo costs AED275 at Nbar and is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment