Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Relax and Unwind - The Best Spas in Town



Life can get pretty hectic sometimes and we all need some time to step back and give ourselves a treat. And what's the best way to relax? A luxurious spa treatment ofcourse. There are so many spas and salons in Dubai that provide this service, and I've tried quite a few of them, but what's the best out there? Well, here's the verdict.
 
If you have a bigger budget (over AED500), then the two to try are Talise at Madinat Jumeirah and Amara Spa at Park Hyatt. Let me give you the breakdown of each starting with Talise. This is definitely one of the best spas in Dubai. Not only do they provide a great spa menu, but also a range of wellness services (that's going to be covered in a post of its own). You are transported to a tranquil environment from the very first step you take into the spa. The staff are friendly (especially Mona) and make you feel very special. You can arrive earlier and take advantage of their facilities such as the hot tub, sauna, steam & swimming pool. I'm personally a fan of relaxing treatments and so I recommend the Balinese massage. The therapist was great, room was beautiful and overall a super 5 star rating. 
 
The other spa I highly recommend is the Amara Spa at Park Hyatt, especially for couples. My husband and I are huge fans of spa treatments and have travelled the world trying out all the great destination spas and treatments. We booked the Gem package (Sapphire and Emerald) and went to the Park Hyatt not knowing what to expect as it was our first time at the hotel. Let me tell you, we were pleasantly surprised! The couple's treatment was the best I have seen in Dubai. The standard packages were not to our liking, but the spa was very flexible to have us choose our own treatments and so we both decided to go for a full body massage and facial. I went for a deep cleansing facial and was ready to be poked and picked, but I absolutely felt no discomfort whatsoever! The treatments were fabulous and we left the spa absolutely glowing!

Now, if you have a tighter budget (AED250), then you should go for the massage at the Nail Spa. Although it is a nail salon, they have made every effort to make the spa rooms relaxing and inviting. The therapist had magic hands and I'm getting drowsy just thinking of my massage! She was also great at opening painful knots which are a huge problem for me as I work in front of a computer for over 8 hours a day.
 
So that's all about my favorite spa spots in Dubai, if you know of a different place you would recommend, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment